#10golds24 has set clear performance targets for Trinidad and Tobago’s high performance system. These targets are challenging and will require new and innovative approaches in order to achieve them. One area that #10golds24 can make the largest gains to meet and sustain these targets is to lead the development of a system that can deliver improved results over the longer term.
Many countries have tried and failed to initiate and implement successful High Performance systems. This failure has been largely due to a “one size fits all” approach with the application of models that are often ignoring critical cultural and environmental factors.
The success of #10golds24 approach to high performance system building will be centered on the alignment and better use of existing structures in conjunction with the integration of new and innovative approaches. To this end, #10golds24 will play a greater role in the development of athletes, coaches and technical leaders.
What is System Excellence?
It is an evidence-based approach centered on creating sustainable and repeatable podium performances by:
• Fostering the systematic development of world class athletes, coaches and technical leaders;
• Ensuring we have the right athletes in the right sports and that they are given the right support at the right time; and
• Ensuring we use our resources in the most efficient and effective manner for the best performance gains.
What is the scope of #10golds24?
It is defined by a three-pronged approach in the areas of:
• High Performance Coaching and Technical Leadership;
• High Performance Athlete Development; and
• High Performance Strategy.
What does it mean for sports?
• #10golds24 will be working with national sport organisations to create High Performance Coaching and athlete development and Technical Leadership plans.
• High Performance Athlete Development plan will initially focus on Podium Pathway and Gold Medal Profile components.
• Coaching and Technical Leadership plan will initially focus on succession through alignment with the Podium Pathway.
• National Sport System partnership
Integrated Sport Science
Integrated sport sciences can be defined as sports medicine and other team management professionals that support coaches and athletes/teams. These may include a physiologist, sport psychologist, biomechanist, nutritionist, physical therapists/athletic therapist, and a physician. Additionally, a performance analyst may be part #10golds24 to support the use of various new innovations in video and technology for the purpose of performance enhancement. Other professionals (including sport administrators) may be included depending on the nature of the sport and the specific needs of the coaches and athletes.
#10golds24 works regularly with the coaches and athletes to ensure athletes receive world-class care and support for their training, recovery and competition programs.
The goal of #10golds24 is to ensure that Trinidad and Tobago athletes are healthy, fit and psychologically ready for optimal performance.
The delivery of sport sciences and sport medicine services is always athlete-centered, and coach driven, thus requiring continuous communication and integration between the coach and the team of experts that support the athlete and/or team.
#10golds24 pursues excellence and facilitates a sport innovation and applied sport research program. The overall goal of this approach is to increase the frequency of Trinidad and Tobago’s podium appearances at Olympic Games through strategically designed programmes.